A and I have this special love for Thai food. Every time I have dinner at one of my favorite Thai restaurants, the idea of preparing it at home comes to my mind but usually, I had to strike the idea off because of not having appropriate ingredients in the kitchen. Thanks to Tarla Dalal recipes, here I am posting the Indian – Thai vegetarian fusion of Green Curry which can easily be prepared at home. This one is specially for you A :*
For the green paste
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped onions
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped lemon grass stem
- 7 green chilies (roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2″ ginger
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon rind
For the curry
- One and a half (1+1/2) cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup paneer cubes
- 1/2 cup bell pepper cubes
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 3/4 cup parboiled broccoli florets
- a pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients, add approx. 1/2 cup water and blend in a mixer to a fine paste. Keep aside the green paste.
2. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green curry paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add paneer, bell pepper*, green peas and broccoli, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. You can add vegetables according to your choice..apart from the above mentioned baby corn, mushrooms are most commonly used.
* Some people also chose to parboil the bell pepper first.
4. Add the coconut milk, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
Enjoy with a serving of steamed rice!
V | XOXO