This one is for the love of our Italian food. V, want you to try out for sure!
Here’s presenting a sauce which can be used in many different ways like pastas, sandwiches and pizzas! I like to keep this sauce ready in my refrigerator all the time to make sure I have quick recipes handy. So let me first do the sauce and then will get to few different ways I use it for myself.
Red Bell Pepper Tomato Basil Sauce
2 tsp olive oil
3-4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
Italian seasoning oregano/dry basil/chili flakes
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Water to adjust consistency
Salt as per taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic. Saute it nicely and make sure it doesn’t turn brown.
- Add chopped bell pepper and cook for 1 minute on high flame. Add chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Once tomatoes are half cooked, add the Italian seasoning. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add basil leaves and cook covered till done.
- Cool the mixture completely and grind to a smooth paste. The sauce is ready!
- Use as base in Italian Red Sauce or Red & White mix sauce pastas. You just need to saute veggies in butter or olive oil, add sauce and boiled pasta. Adjust seasonings and you’re good to go.
- Use as sandwich spread. Apply some of this sauce on a bread slice, put some boiled potatoes and tomato. Add another slice, apply mint sauce, add onions and cottage cheese, sprinkle some salt and pepper. Cover with a bread slice. Grill or have it as it is.
- Use as a pizza sauce. Apply a generous amount on your pizza base, add veggies and cheese followed by oregano and chili flakes. Bake 15-20 mins on 375 F (180 C) and pizza is ready. Alternatively, instead of pizza base, you can use a bread slice or garlic loaf slice, apply this sauce, add green pepper and onions. Top it up with mozzarella, oregano, chili flakes, salt and pepper and bake, comes out as a yum crunchy snack!
These are the few ways I make use of this sauce, if you have some more interesting ideas, would totally love to know and try so do comment your opinions.
A | XOXO