This is our first award and Yay! we are so excited!!!!
First and foremost, we would like to thank Amber Highlights for it. Her blog has a friendly approach to it and covers some really interesting topics with great pictures. It’s only been one month and she is already doing great with her content. You can visit the page at: https://amberhighlights.wordpress.com/ and follow her through Facebook here.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. ‘Liebster’ in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
So, we have to answer a few questions by Amber Highlights and here it goes:
What is your blog’s story? What is it about?
Bestiesnotepad is a result of one of the endless telephonic conversations between two friends, where we once decided to put some of our discussions in an area where others can enjoy, admire and use it.
The blog covers pretty much anything or everything that interests us like beauty tips, product reviews, makeup, DIYs, recipes, parenting, movies/TV shows etc.
What are you goals for your blog and for life?
For our blog, we wish to see it as a popular handy journal which viewers use to pick up useful tips and reliable suggestions. We like to think of it as a platform which has ideas and views across diverse areas with all honesty and transparency.
For life, well that’s a toughie! 😉
What’s your blog promotion strategy like?
We started receiving good readers’ response way before we started promoting BestiesNotepad actively. Seems like if the work is worth, word of mouth and social media work wonders! Apart from that, we have been participating with different blogging groups on Facebook and focus on the content which our readers enjoy and find useful!
Which of your blog posts is your favorite and why?
It’s difficult to choose one, although it would be Pistachio Milk if we have to. The post received a huge response. It stands out with a unique and healthy idea of milk with pistachios and a beautiful pic to tempt.
What’s one thing you would like to do and get paid for (besides blogging of course)?
We totally believe in our freedom of thoughts when we post on our notepad. We would love to be approached for sharing an opinion which gives us an opportunity to connect to larger audience.
What song is the soundtrack of your life right now?
Beautiful day – U2
What’s your favourite quote to live by?
“Let your smile change the world but don’t let the world change your smile.” – Unknown
What’s one thing on your bucket list?
A world tour with our girlfriends 🙂
A movie night in or a night out partying?
Well, we would prefer a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. night in anytime!
10 random facts about ourselves:
- We both met each other in school when we were in VIth standard, year 1998 to be precise!
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S., the TV show is our absolute favorite; btw how you doin’? 😉
- We live in different countries now..A lives in USA and V in Singapore.
- We were hostel roommates in college days; those were the days!
- We both love reading, cooking, listening and of course shopping to music and these form 80% of our telephonic conversations’ topics.
- V has an adorable 19 month daughter and A has a lovely year old son. We both of course have a husband each 😉
- V has this unique sense of creativity in her which makes her a great photographer and good with beautiful decorative DIYs.
- A’s inclination to skin care and makeup makes her well versed with latest fashion trends but it also makes it tough on her wallet.
- We both share the idea of perfect me time – A book, a cup of hot coffee/soup, a cozy bed and slow background music.
Our favorite blog
Off late we have been loving the content of this blog Fashion Narcissist. It is a fashion obsessed blog which revolves around latest fashion trends, beauty tips, DIYs and a huge range of homemade ayurvedic skincare and makeup products available for online shopping in the name of Ang-Tatva. The blog is owned by Misha Jain, a wife, a mom of beautiful twin toddler girls and the brain behind all the recipes of Ang-Tatva products.
The blog has an inclination towards natural and cruelty free products which is our biggest attraction. It provides some great deal of skincare DIYs which have proved useful for us over a period of time. The posts’ content seems fresh, free and interesting. We wish her all the best and kudos on work so far!
And now, it’s time for our nominees for Liebster award 2017:
You guys totally deserve it!!
We need you to answer the following questions for us:
- What tickled you to start blogging?
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
- What is one of your struggles when it comes to blogging?
- What holds the top spot on your bucket list and why?
- Have you made any friends in the blogger community?
- What was the last random act of kindness you did?
- Books or movies?
- Seashore or mountains?
- Who is/was your childhood bestie and why?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. You can download images for the award here
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or from this site)
- Don’t forget to inform the people/blogs you nominated about it.
We thank Amber Highlights again for nominating us!