I’ve always been more into snacks than main course or desserts for that matter. Somehow, I love to try out different snacks and appetizers. By trying, I mean both – in my kitchen and in my tummy! Honey chilli potatoes is one of my all time favorite snacks since like forever. And not just mine, V’s too.
We both are good at cooking this dish and have some friends who relish it since our college days. Writing this one down for one such friend of ours – Shilpa! Try it out girl!
Honey Chilli Potatoes
This is a tangy appetizer which has a sweet and spicy flavor to it.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the potatoes in thick wedges or fries shape. Put them in bowl of salted water and keep soaked for 15-20 mins. Drain the potatoes completely.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned in frying section except for oil and make a powdery mixture. Add the potatoes in this mixture and coat nicely.
- Heat oil in a wok for frying. Fry the potatoes till golden brown and keep aside on an absorbent paper.
- Now heat oil in a pan for making the sauce. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato ketchup and honey to this.Add sesame seeds, black pepper powder and salt. Saute for 1 minute.
- The sauce is ready, add fried potatoes to this and coat well.
Honey chilli potatoes are ready to be served. We love it, hope you love it too!
A | XOXO