Sharing with you all today is a dish made with baingan (eggplant) – flavoured with different Indian spices.
Some easily found ingredients right in your kitchen, ease in making, minimum cooking time requirement and most importantly, the taste – YUM! is why it makes it to Besties’ list of recipes!
Tawa Baingan/Roasted Eggplant
- Eggplant/Baingan – 1
- All purpose flour(Maida)- 4tbsp Spices
- Coriander Powder – 4tbsp
- Garam Masala – 4tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 4tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 3tbsp
- Dried Mango Powder (Amchur) – 4tbsp
- Salt to taste Garnish – Chopped Coriander leaves
- Cut the eggplant in thin round slices (no need to peel).
- Sprinkle some salt on the eggplant slices and leave for 10mins.
- Take flour in a round plate, add enough water(about 4tbsp) to make a thin paste.
- Mix all the dry spices in a round plate.
- Take one round of eggplant, dip in flour paste from both the sides..Flour helps in binding spices to the eggplant.
- Using the other hand, coat flour-dipped eggplant with spice mixture from both the sides.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour some oil on it.
- Transfer the spice-coated eggplant on the pre heated pan, cook for 5mins.
- Flip the eggplant and cook for another 5mins or until the eggplant is soft and cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
A: You have got to try this one, might change your view about the eggplant 😀
We had love to hear how you like it..please share reviews in the comment section below.