Next in the Soup week recipe is almost everyone’s favourite Tomato Soup!
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- a small piece of ginger
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 slice bread
- 1 clove (laung)
- 1 stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp roasted jeera (cumin powder)
- salt and black pepper to taste
– Fresh cream
- Pressure cook all the ingredients except sugar, cumin powder and black pepper for about 8-9 whistles.
- Cool, blend and sieve it.
- Again put the soup on the gas and add cumin powder, sugar and black pepper. Adjust according to the taste and cook till you get the required thickness.
- Garnish with cream at the time of serving.
- You can add more/less water depending on how you like the consistency. I like my soups a bit thick.
- Tomato soup goes great with fried bread crumbs!
- Adding bread makes the soup thick and thereby, we can avoid cornflour. Otherwise, you can add 2tsp cornflour mixed in half cup of water while adding black pepper etc. and cook for sometime.
Eat healthy, stay healthy!