We bring you Red Bellpepper Soup in today’s recipe of the Soup Week.
Peppers being rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants when roasted gives a wonderfully sweet flavour to any dish. So, we at besties decided to add this wonderful recipe to our list of soups on the blog.
Red Bellpepper Soup
- 3 bell peppers
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- Dry Basil Leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Full cream (optional)
- Roast halved peppers with garlic in a preheated oven on 475f for 20-25mins.
- Take out the peppers immediately and with the help of a tong, put in an airtight box or ziplock for 10 mins. The steam helps in removing the skin on the pepper. Keep garlic aside.
- Take out, remove the skin from the pepper with your hands and chop roughly.
- In a pan, melt butter and then add chopped garlic (use the one we roasted in the oven with peppers).
- Add bay leaf, chopped onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped peppers, water as per desired consistency, salt, black pepper and dry basil leaves and boil it covered for 10mins.
- Cool, remove bay leaf and blend the mixture to a smooth paste.
- Boil again for 2 mins, adjust salt and add cream.
- Serve and enjoy hot!
Eat healthy, stay healthy!