Healthy, yummy, easy-to-cook, filling – what else do you look in a recipe? Continuing V and my love for healthy food, presenting a healthy snack which is relished by all age groups.
As sweet potato is supposed to be a super food for kids, I make this for 15 month old as an evening snack and before I know, it’s finished. What else a mom wants! So lets see quickly how this can be made at home.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Oregano seasoning
- Dry Basil seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp crushed mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Slice the sweet potato in thin or desired slices (i do not remove the peel).
- Add olive oil, oregano, dry basil, salt and pepper. Mix well so all the slices are coated nicely.
- Arrange on a baking tray making sure slices are not touching each other. This ensures they get baked nicely from all sides.
- Bake on 375F for 22-25 mins. You can go upto 30 mins if you prefer little well done.
- Add bay leaf, chopped onion and sauté for a minute.
- For dip, take curd/yogurt and add finely chopped mint leaves, salt, pepper and half a lemon juice. Mix and its ready. Garnish with chilli flakes.
- Serve and enjoy hot!
- Make use of any italian or other seasoning of your choice to play with the flavors. I added the ones I had handy.
Try this and we assure you’ll make it regularly.
A | XOXO