Rose water is a well known product due to it’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which leads its way to many skincare/haircare/edible recipes. We can find numerous varieties of rose water in market but we only want to purchase the ones which are pure and organic. A good quality rose water will always be prepared with steam distillation process instead of using substitutes of rose fragrances in simple water.
Extending V and my love for natural products, here’s presenting a list of 7 ways in which you can use rose water in your daily routine.
- Hydrating Facial Mist – For those long hot days in summer, this is a great rescue. I always keep a travel size spray bottle in my hand bag filled with rose water and spray it all over the face when tired or fatigued. This gives an instant dose of freshness with beautiful rose fragrance.
- Makeup Setting Spray – I have never bought a makeup setting spray from the market. Rose water works like a perfect makeup setting spray. Just spray all over your face post your makeup for that dewy natural look. I love the way it changes the makeup look so brilliantly.
- Toner – Yes, it tones too. The main properties that I expect my toner to have is to hydrate, maintain pH level of the skin and tone the skin. Rose water does all these in the most natural way. Just dip a cotton ball in rose water and dab it all over your face and you’re all set to move to your moisturizer.
- Night Cream – Rose water works wonders to your skin when left overnight. Just mix some rose water, aloevera gel and few drops of your favorite oil (I use coconut oil) in a bowl and mix it thoroughly. You have most natural and effective night cream ready.
- Face Pack – This goes without saying that rose water is used extensively in many face pack recipes both homemade and store bought. I cannot even count the number of DIY face masks I do using rose water. The simplest one of those would be mixing multani mitti (fuller’s earth) with enough rose water to form a paste and use it as a face pack (add some yogurt if you have dry skin). It deeply cleanses your skin and gets rid of pore dirt giving you clearer looking skin.
- Night Mask – Night mask is another great way to add rose water to you beauty regime. As said already, rose water left on skin overnight is a faster way to beautiful skin. For a simple DIY night mask recipe using rose water, checkout our post Indulge in Night Masks
- Pre-Moisturizer – A simple way to add a layer of extra hydration is to use rose water as a tonic spray after toning and before moisturizing in your CTM (cleansing toning moisturizing) process. This will give your skin an aqua boost and you’ll feel fresh throughout the day.
Well, these were some of the ways in which we use rose water in our daily life and hope they will be of some use to you. If you have some ideas of using rose water other than these, please share, we would love to know.
A | XOXO