“Creativity is contagious, pass it on!” – Albert Einstein
In our today’s post, we bring you trendy DIY chalkboard tray!
What’s so good about this DIY?
- Super easy and fun to make
- Easy to find material
- Makes a great gift 🙂
So, let’s get it started!
All You Need
- A piece of wood
- Chalkboard paint
- Paint brushes
- Painter’s Tape
- Ruler (optional)
- Paint to colour the borders
- Drawer handles
- Gather all the supplies.
- Start by taping the borders of the wood piece. This is an essential step as it helps in attaining the symmetry.
- Now, let’s paint the piece of wood left in the center with the chalkboard paint. I suggest coating it twice, putting the second coat once the first one is dried.
You can remove the tape once the chalkboard paint is dried.
- It’s time to paint the borders now, I used the gold acrylic colour. You can choose according to what you like.
- We will now glue the drawer handles to the edges using a super hard glue which is available at almost any hardware store. To ensure that the alignment is right, you can use a ruler/measuring tape as shown in the picture below.
- Give it some time to dry and Tada! Chalkboard tray is ready!!!
Invite some guests over and have fun! 🙂
Note: We recommend using parchment/wax paper to serve food items directly, otherwise you can serve in the bowls and dishes 🙂