We all know that Aloe vera is a natural and very useful ingredient in many fields like medicines, hair care, skincare, home decor, ointments etc. Aloe vera is a stemless plant mainly cultivated for its medicinal and agricultural uses. It also makes a very good indoor ornamental plant. While there are many areas where we can make good use of Aloe vera, as part of this we will dig into some of its uses for skin and hair.
As you guys already know about V and my love for beauty DIYs, this time we have complied for you a list of our recipes which uses aloe vera gel to target certain common areas of skin and hair concerns. These remedies have proven useful to us and we suggest you try these out. Aloe vera naturally works on acne and prevents its occurrence and it also goes a long way in providing anti-aging properties. So all the remedies listed below will, in their capacity, definitely target these two areas.
Before we begin, we would like to emphasize on the fact that homemade DIYs use natural ingredients hence take a while to show their magic. All these remedies are sure to work but only if used regularly for a couple of months. Another point to note is to see good results, it is important to use pure and organic ingredients which make the recipes all the more effective and free from any side effects. Aloe vera is, for most people, not an allergen but be sure to do a patch test on the inside of your elbow to eliminate any chances of reactions.
So without any further ado, lets start.
- Mix some rose water and some aloe vera gel on your palm
- Apply to cleansed face at night before going to bed.
- Wake up and rinse the face with water.
You’ll notice your skin improving right from 3-4 applications.
Quick face mask
A simple targeted face mask would consist of aloe vera gel and your favorite essential oil.
- Take a tbsp of aloe vera gel and add 3-4 drops of the essential oil you want to use like for acne you can use tea tree oil, for pigmentation you can use turmeric essential oil.
- Mix the two nicely and apply evenly on clean face.
- Keep for 15 mins and wash of. Follow with moisturizer.
This mask is great for including essential oils in your beauty regime. Can be used twice a week.
- Make an all natural hydrating face scrub by mixing together 2 tbsp aloe vera with 1 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Give it a good mix and use as a scrub.
This scrub provides exfoliation along with hydration. Can be used 1-2 times a week.
For more uses of coconut oil, check out our post – 10 Uses of Coconut Oil
- Mix together 1 tbsp each of aloe vera and honey to 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Make a smooth paste and apply for 15-20 mins. Wash off with lukewarm water.
This mask provides shine and hydration to skin. Can be used 1-2 times a week.
For more DIY face masks, check out our post – Homemade Face Masks
Remedy for stretch marks
- Mix equal parts of extra virgin coconut oil and aloe vera gel (both ingredients organic preferred).
- Apply this daily on the affected area.
You can store this in a glass container for 2-3 weeks. Regular use of this paste helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Hair Scrub for oily/itchy/dandruff prone scalp
- Mix together 4 tbsp of aloe vera gel with 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp neem oil.
- Apply all over the scalp and gently massage for 8-10 mins. Keep on for another 5 mins and rinse with a mild shampoo.
- Few drops of tea tree oil can also be added for faster results.
This can be used weekly for a cleaner and healthier scalp.
Hair mask for shine and luster
- Mix together equal parts of aloe vera gel and coconut milk. Add 1-2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Apply all over scalp and hair and keep on for a minimum of 45 mins before rinsing.
- Replace coconut milk with coconut cream for dry/damaged hair.
This mask provides deep conditioning to hair and repairs the roots from within. Can be used once a week.
For more DIY hair mass, check out our post – All Natural DIY Hair Masks
This was our take on uses of aloe vera for skin and hair. We have shared the remedies which have worked for us. Hope these come to your rescue as well.
A | XOXO
Pin for later.