Today’s post is on a newly found love – paper quilling. We recently started paper quilling primarily because its easy, engaging and fun to do activity. If you are an expert, or have been doing it for a while, this tutorial is not for you :D, it’s for beginners like us who have just stepped into this beautiful world of art. We have tried to make the tutorial as simple as possible, feel free to drop in comments if you have some queries.
So, lets get started!
- Green and Brown quilling paper strips
- Quilling board
- a curling coach to roll the paper
- Take one paper strip and roll it with the help of curling coach. We will be making the leaves will use dark and light green paper strips as we wanted to create a mix.
- When it’s rolled, put it in the quilling board for a desired size of leaf as shown in picture.
- Take out with the help of tweezer, and glue the end. We glue just the end so that it’s rolled to the desired size.
- Now that you have obtained a circle, hold the circle and press it from the center to make a leaf like structure.
- Now, press from one side to obtain a curved leaf (as shown in picture). Make 22 of these leaves (some in light green and some in dark if you are creating a mix)
- Now, for the base of the tree, take a black/brown strip and roll it as we did before in step 1.
- Put the rolled paper in the quilling board in the oval shape (as shown in picture).
- Now, glue the end and press from the one center to create a curve base for the tree.
- The base is ready and make a triangle shape by rolling the paper again with black/brown strip, then pressing from one end.
- Now, press the two sides to make the curved branch, make 2 of these.
- Put these upside down and glue together.
- Start pasting the base, the the triangles in step 11 and then the leaves and it’s ready! 🙂
“Creativity is contagious, pass it on!” – Albert Einstein