Continuing sharing our knowledge and experience with use of essential oil in our daily life, we bring you second part of this series. If you haven’t checked out the first post yet, please do so – Essentials of Essential Oils – I.
Essential oils come in many variants and each of them offer a different and rather huge list of benefits for skin, hair, aromatherapy and many more areas. While these are very effective and useful products, they are required to be used with caution. Pure essential oil can be too strong and therefore should always used in a dilute form mixing in some kind of oil, cream or moisturizer.
As part of last post, we discussed in details lavender, tea tree and rosemary essential oils. Those are few of the most popular and widely used essential oils. In this post, we will look into orange, lemon and turmeric essential oils.
Check out our on ways to use essential oils along with aloe vera – 7 Uses of Aloe Vera for Skin and Hair
Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil has a sweet citrus scent which is energizing and uplifting. If you like citrus aroma, it’ll make a permanent seat in that aromatherapy corner of your house just like mine. For some reason I always reach for citrus fragrances to use in my house and orange essential oil is therefore one of my go-to.
- Aromatherapy – You know the drill. Simply use few drops of this oil, depending how strong aroma you require, to your diffuser or oil burner and there you go. The scent of this oil is naturally stress relieving and uplifting. It’s citrus feel detoxifies the house and freshens up every corner. Orange essential oil pairs well with clove or cinnamon. Add a few drops of either of these if you like a bit of spicy note to your fragrance.
- Evens Out Skin Tone – This essential oil works like a charm in evening out your skin tone and reducing pigmentation. There are multiple ways in which you can apply it on you skin. Adding a couple of drops to your day/night cream or your serum are a few ways. You can also add it to any DIY mask. Add few drops in a spoonful of pure aloe vera gel and apply this on your face. Keep on for 15 mins and rinse off. Do this every night and you can see visible difference in 2 weeks.
- Fights Acne – Orange essential oil has antibacterial properties. This makes it a great remedy for fighting acne and calming acne prone skin. So if you are someone who battles with acne issues, make sure to give this one a try by adding it in your skincare regime.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is similar to orange essential oil in many ways. Both are citrus by nature, have a refreshing scent and are full of antioxidants. However, lemon essential oil is a bit more stronger an oil when it comes to skin. You do not want to go for more than 2 drops when using this oil for any of your skin/hair concern.
- Relieves Itchy Scalp – Lemon essential oil is great or clearing out the build up and any bacterial deposit on the scalp. Due to its high antibacterial properties, it is great for oily and itchy scalp. Add it to your hair oil, massage onto hair and rinse off after 30 mins. Do this 2-3 times a week and you’ll notice a big difference. Alternatively, you can also add it to you shampoos and conditioners.
- Clears Out Skin – Again, due to anti bacterial properties, lemon essential oil is a miracle ingredient for skin. Use it for treating acne and blemishes, evening out skin tone, evening out skin texture and preventing acne from occurring repeatedly.
- Skin Conditioning – Lemon oil has multiple skin conditioning benefits. Due to its antioxidant and antibacterial properties, it can be used in various kinds of DIYs. Add few drops to lip scrubs, d-tan and anti-acne face masks, bath soak and hair oils to make use of this diverse product according to your need.
Check out our amazing DIY lip scrub recipe – Lip Scrub: Do’s, Dont’s and DIY!
Turmeric Essential Oil
One of the most therapeutic essential oils is turmeric essential oil. It is a highly concentrated version of turmeric powder which means few drops of this oil gives you benefits same as turmeric powder. Due to its natural color, turmeric essential oil may leave stains or yellow hue so be sure to use it cautiously and within recommended dose.
- Skin Brightening – Turmeric essential oil is very effective in skin brightening. This is the reason it is used extensively in face creams/oils/serums. Just add few drops in your night cream to add that brightening effect to your skin.
- Fights Acne – Turmeric essential also is very effective in treating acne. This oil has great anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties which work on acne to reduce their re-occurrence.
- Fights Dandruff – Turmeric essential oil is great for combating dandruff related issues. This oil promotes healthy scalp and regular use keeps dandruff at bay.
These are some of the ways we like to use orange, lemon and turmeric essential oils but they are certainly beneficial and many more ways. We hope this post helps you being better aware of essential oils use and you use these to combat multiple issues just like us.
Check out our product recommendations:
A | XOXO
Pin for later