- If you do not prefer to add red peppers, simple replace them with cilantro and you have the original hummus recipe.
- If you are not using canned chickpeas, here are the instructions for cooking:
- Wash the chickpeas thoroughly and soak them overnight.
- Boil them with a pinch of salt either in an open vessel (40-50 minutes) or in a pressure cooker (2-3 whistles). You should be able to easily squish them with your fingers.
- Drain the excess water and there you go, they are ready to be used. (Hummus comes out better if chickpeas are cooked a day before as compared to freshly cooked ones.)
We have an entire section on dips, check out here if you like. Check out more of our recipes – Easy Vegetable Lasagna, Easy Pesto Pasta, Homemade Baklava.
This is a simply no fuss recipe of a healthy and yummy dip. We hope you try it and fall in love with it as much as we are!
A | XOXO
Pin for later.