Let’s beat the summer heat!
Pistachios are one of the oldest nuts that are used most commonly around the world. The health benefits of pistachios include a healthy heart, weight management and improved digestion.
Sitting in the pale pages of an old cooking journal, I found this recipe today and sharing it gladly with you all.
A: You will love it! 🙂
- Milk – 3 cups
- Custard powder – 2 teaspoon
- Pistachio – 9 whole (crushed)
- Green cardamoms – 6 (deseeded and crushed to powder)
- Sugar to taste
- Food colours – Green and Yellow (optional)
- Dissolve custard powder in 1/2 cup of cold milk and keep aside.
- Boil rest of the milk with green cardamom powder for 2-3mins.
- Add few drops of yellow and green colour. (This step is optional and I use it only if we have some guests arriving at our place.)
- Slowly add custard powder-milk mixture and keep on stirring.
- Add sugar (used around 2 serving spoons) and bring to boil. Keep stirring.
- Add crushed pistachios
- The milk can be served hot/cold.
Recommend keeping it in fridge for about 2hrs if want to serve cold.
- To make a healthier version, you can use honey instead of sugar and also, can add a handful of chia seeds.