Today at Besties, we share the 5 facts about our favourite series Breaking Bad.
Breaking Bad is an American neo-western crime drama television series created and produced by Vince Gilligan. The title comes from the Southern colloquialism “breaking bad”, meaning to “raise hell” or turn toward crime.
The series is about a a high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer who turns to manufacturing and selling methamphetamine in order to secure his family’s future.
IMDb – Breaking Bad
The series is widely regarded as one of the greatest TV series of all time, here are 5 facts you might not have known about Breaking Bad:
- Bryan Cranston was not the first choice for the roleJohn Cusack and Matthew Broderick were the initial choices for the role of lead character Walter White.
Can you imagine anyone other then Bryan doing the role, I can’t!
- Savewalterwhite is a real website Yes! The website is real and when you “Click to Donate”, the site takes you to AMC’s page of Breaking Bad.
- Aaron Paul wasn’t supposed to live past Season 1
Aaron Paul never had one day of acting class in his life and he wasn’t supposed to live past season 1.
When asked during a Reddit AMA about how he would have felt if Jesse had been killed off in season one, Paul said, “My career would be over. And I would be a sobbing mess watching week to week on Breaking Bad.”
- Breaking Bad and Samarium
The show has 62 episodes in all (5 seasons) and Samarium, a chemical element with atomic number 62 is commonly used to treat pain in lung cancer.
Just a coincidence? Think about it!
- Breaking Bad TattoosBryan Cranston and Aaron Paul got Breaking-Bad themed inks on the final day of shooting season 5.
Looking for some more facts about your favourite show, they have a whole page dedicated to it: Breaking-Bad-Wiki