The first recipe in the Soup week is Pumpkin Soup.
The first time when I was introduced to Pumpkin Soup by my mother-in-law, I was very sceptical to try it but all my doubts were put to rest when I tasted it!
This is one great recipe and considering all the health benefits, we decided to add it to the soup week at besties.
- 3 cups Pumpkin Cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp butter
- a mix of herbs (oregano, basil, parsley)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cream (optional)
– Fresh cream
– Basil leaves
- Heat butter in a pan, add onions and sauté for few minutes. Keep aside.
- Add the pumpkin in the same pan and sauté for few more minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook the pumpkin till its tender.
- Cool it down and blend to a smooth purée.
- Add the onions, herbs, salt, pepper to the pumpkin purée.
- Add fresh cream in the end and bring to boil.
- I like the small onion chunks in my soup, some people prefer to blend it with the purée, it’s your personal choice.
- You can also pressure cook pumpkin cubes for a quick recipe.
- For toddlers, you can also add finely chopped and sautéed bell peppers, beans and other vegetables to the recipe.
- If not serving immediately, add some milk and reheat the soup while serving.
We hope you all like it!
Note: Guest post entry is still open to our fellow bloggers, details here.