Here we are with our second recipe of Soup Week – Clear Vegetable Soup.
This is one of the simplest and healthiest of all the soups. For most part of it, you simply have to toss in all the vegetables available in your refrigerator with few spices in a pan and you’re ready with much healthy and soulful treat!
I won’t stretch this further and will get straight to the recipe.
Clear Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 cup diced yellow/green/red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced cottage cheese/tofu
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup diced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger and garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp corn starch powder
- On high flame, heat butter in a pan, add ginger and garlic and sauté for few minutes.
- Add in onions and sauté for few more minutes.
- Add all the vegetables except cottage cheese/tofu and saute till the vegetables are almost done.
- Add cottage cheese/tofu and saute another couple of minutes.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked, add enough water to attain a soup consistency. I would keep water slightly more than required consistency as corn starch will reduce the amount of water.
- Add in salt and black pepper and boil the vegetables for few minutes.
- Add corn starch mixed in 2 tbsp of water to the boiling vegetables and keep stirring until the soup attains a thick consistency. You can adjust the quantity of water at this time. And its done!
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy hot!
- I mentioned the list of vegetables I used. You can use any vegetables as per your liking.
- To extend the flavor and add spice to the soup, you can add some soy sauce and chili sauce to the soup.
Soups make winters all the more warm and lovely. We hope this soup makes a way to your regular menu.
A | XOXO