In today’s world where hi-tech water filters and purifiers are available, it sounds almost mundane to go back to traditional methods of filtering and storing drinking water. Practice of drinking copper water dates decades back. It has its benefits listed out in ancient Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, drinking water from copper vessel has numerous benefits for human body. We will be discussing these benefits as part of this post.
But first, let’s go through few points to be well taken care before we start drinking from copper vessel.
- Whichever container you choose to use – bottle/cup/jug/glass, make sure it is in fact made of copper, good quality copper.
- It is a good idea to wash the container with salt lemon solution. It helps in maintaining the effect of copper intact.
- Copper water is most effective when it is stored in the copper vessel overnight (minimum of 8 hours) and then consumed the next day.
Regulates digestive tract
Copper water has properties which ease different kinds of indigestion and reduce inflammation within the stomach. Copper has anti bacterial properties which helps regulate working of liver and kidneys. It also helps in better absorption of nutrients and enhances the waste disposal mechanism. Overall, copper provides a detox effect for the entire digestive tract.
Also read – Physical and chemical sunscreen – Pros and Cons
Slows down ageing
Again, due to it’s anti oxidant nature, copper helps fight free radicals which cause signs of ageing appear faster and prominently. Drinking copper water regularly not only provides hydration but also provides anti oxidants. Both of these are great for naturally fighting signs of ageing.
Heals wounds faster
Due to all of it’s anti bacterial, anti viral and anti oxidant properties, copper is very effective in healing wounds faster and reducing inflammation. This is particularly helpful in case of internal wounds and inflammation.
Aids in weight loss
Copper water, apart from maintaining a healthy digestive tract, also aids in weight loss. It is known to break down fat efficiently and eliminate it from body faster than our body would normally do.
Apart from these, copper has numerous other benefits which help fight anemia, brightens skin, relieves arthritis. Copper water provides copper which is a required micro nutrient for our body to function normally.
A word of caution
- They say excess of everything is bad. Drinking twice from copper vessel, once in morning (preferably on empty stomach) and once in the evening is enough to reap all it’s benefits. Do not overdo.
- Copper water is not known to be allergic. In case you face any negative health effects, discontinue its consumption.
It is never too late to start being healthy. This is an easy and simple way you can make your way to a healthier lifestyle. Start incorporating copper water in your life today. You will notice changes real soon.
Health has always been wealth!
A | XOXO
Pin for later.